[Gluster-devel] Modifying GlusterFS to cope with C99 inline semantics

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 18:50:16 UTC 2015

> My opinion: don't try to second guess the compiler/optimizer; stop using
> inline. Full Stop.

To this end, I've submitted a patch which removes all instances in .c
files.

    http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11769/

For removing the ones in .h files, I propose that we create a new file
'xxx-inline.c' for each 'xxx.h' that uses inlines, and move the
de-inlined functions there.  It's not ideal and it still requires a bit
of manual work, but it should get us out of the inline swamp for now.