[Gluster-devel] Another stable release, GlusterFS 3.5.5 is ready

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Jul 19 18:01:43 UTC 2015

The noted, with added clickable links can be found on the Gluster Planet
when it gets synced, before then you can find it on my blog:

- http://planet.gluster.org/
- http://blog.nixpanic.net/2015/07/another-stable-release-glusterfs-355-is.html

A 3.5.6 release is planned to follow soon. If you are running a 3.5.x
version and have a need for a fix to be included, let me know and I'll
see what we can do.

Thanks,
Niels

Packages for Fedora 21 are available in updates-testing, RPMs and .debs
can be found on the main Gluster download site.

This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.5.2,
3.5.3 and 3.5.4 contain a listing of all the new features that were
added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.5 stable release.

Bugs Fixed:

* 1166862: rmtab file is a bottleneck when lot of clients are accessing a volume through NFS
* 1217432: DHT:Quota:- brick process crashed after deleting .glusterfs from backend
* 1217433: glusterfsd crashed after directory was removed from the mount point, while self-heal and rebalance were running on the volume
* 1231641: cli crashes when listing quota limits with xml output

Known Issues:

* The following configuration changes are necessary for 'qemu' and
  'samba vfs plugin' integration with libgfapi to work seamlessly:

    1. gluster volume set <volname> server.allow-insecure on
    2. restarting the volume is necessary

        gluster volume stop <volname>
        gluster volume start <volname>

    3. Edit /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol to contain this line:

        option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on

    4. restarting glusterd is necessary

        service glusterd restart

  More details are also documented in the Gluster Wiki on the Libgfapi
  with qemu libvirt page.

* For Block Device translator based volumes open-behind translator at
  the client side needs to be disabled.

    gluster volume set <volname> performance.open-behind disabled

* libgfapi clients calling glfs_fini before a successful glfs_init will
  cause the client to hang as reported here. The workaround is NOT to
  call glfs_fini for error cases encountered before a successful
  glfs_init. This is being tracked in Bug 1134050 for glusterfs-3.5 and
  Bug 1093594 for mainline.

* If the /var/run/gluster directory does not exist enabling quota will
  likely fail (Bug 1117888).