[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs and Debian 8 installation

Roman romeo.r at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:30:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've reported a lot on gluster-users list, but seems, like noone is excited
because of this bug. I think devs should try this out in their lab.

In short:

Running latest proxmox VE with these versions:

Linux services 2.6.32-37-pve
QEMU emulator version 2.2.1

Running 2 gluster servers with Replica and Distributed volumes, both server
and client side of gluster are updated to glusterfs 3.6.4 yesterday. Before
that was 3.5.4 with same behavior.

Problem:
I'm not able to install Debian 8 on gluster volumes. It just randomly
aborts installation on random step:
If we talk about base system, it aborts on mirror selecting step (just
keeps saying, there is networking problems and unable to connect to any
mirror (while i do can ping them all from console). Or it aborts (if got
downloaded packages) on installation steps complaining about not solved
depndecies due to unsuccessfull install one of them (the most often is
python-gtk2 pkg, when I install with Mate)

Once I was lucky enough to insall the base system, but after reboot it was
not usable, i wasn't able to run even apache, it always said there are no
modules, while they were on their place. So i think they were corrupted.

And such behavior is only with debian8, debian7 installs and runs
perfectly, same as centos6 on all of my 4 proxmox nodes.

I did md5sum of the installation iso, it is ok.

I'll try today Latest Centos and Ubuntu just to check.

But please, test the same in your lab or tell me what should i check for to
help you to trace the bug.. There are no bad logs in gluster log files also.

--
Best regards,
Roman.