[Gluster-devel] Coding pattern verification with Coccinelle?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Jul 12 11:30:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

during a review I noticed a inconsistency in how some dict related
function handles free'ing of a passed pointer. It seems that this is a
broadly adopted (mis)usage. About half of the callers take care of
free'ing, the other half of the callers does not. Neither is correct.

I'm addressing this issue with http://review.gluster.org/11638 (wip)

However, I would like to verify this change with something like
Coccinelle:
- http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/

Do we have someone that is interested in code verification/checking
like this? Who would like to help out with this and learn together?

Thanks,
Niels