[Gluster-devel] spurious failures tests/bugs/tier/bug-1205545-CTR-and-trash-integration.t

Raghavendra Talur raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:15:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Raghavendra Talur <
raghavendra.talur at gmail.com> wrote:

>> by

>> This issue is likely to be caused by http://review.gluster.org/11039
>> This patch changes the port allocation that happens for rpc_clnt based
>> connections. Previously, ports allocated where < 1024. With this change,
>> these connections, typically mount process, gluster-nfs server processes
>> etc could end up using ports that bricks are being assigned to.
>>
>> IIUC, the intention of the patch was to make server processes lenient to
>> inbound messages from ports > 1024. If we don't require to use ports >
>> 1024
>> we could leave the port allocation for rpc_clnt connections as before.
>> Alternately, we could reserve the range of ports starting from 49152 for
>> bricks
>> by setting net.ipv4.ip_local_reserved_ports using sysctl(8). This is
>> specific to Linux.
>> I'm not aware of how this could be done in NetBSD for instance though.
>>

> It seems this is exactly whats happening.
>
> I have a question, I get the following data from netstat and grep
>
> tcp        0      0 f6be17c0fbf5:1023       f6be17c0fbf5:24007
>  ESTABLISHED 31516/glusterfsd
> tcp        0      0 f6be17c0fbf5:49152      f6be17c0fbf5:490
>  ESTABLISHED 31516/glusterfsd
> unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     988353
> 31516/glusterfsd
> /var/run/gluster/4878d6e905c5f6032140a00cc584df8a.socket
>
> Here 31516 is the brick pid.
>
> Looking at the data, line 2 is very clear, it shows connection between
> brick and glusterfs client.
> unix socket on line 3 is also clear, it is the unix socket connection that
> glusterd and brick process use for communication.
>
> I am not able to understand line 1; which part of brick process
> established a tcp connection with glusterd using port 1023?
> Note: this data is from a build which does not have the above mentioned
> patch.

The patch which exposed this bug is being reverted till the underlying bug
is also fixed.
You can monitor revert patches here
master: http://review.gluster.org/11507
3.7 branch: http://review.gluster.org/11508

Please rebase your patches after the above patches are merged to ensure
that you patches pass regression.