[Gluster-devel] spurious failures tests/bugs/tier/bug-1205545-CTR-and-trash-integration.t

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 05:22:21 UTC 2015

> > A port assigned by Glusterd for a brick is found to be in use already by
> > the brick. Any changes in Glusterd recently which can cause this?
> >
> > Or is it a test infra problem?

This issue is likely to be caused by http://review.gluster.org/11039
This patch changes the port allocation that happens for rpc_clnt based
connections. Previously, ports allocated where < 1024. With this change,
these connections, typically mount process, gluster-nfs server processes
etc could end up using ports that bricks are being assigned to.

IIUC, the intention of the patch was to make server processes lenient to
inbound messages from ports > 1024. If we don't require to use ports > 1024
we could leave the port allocation for rpc_clnt connections as before.
Alternately, we could reserve the range of ports starting from 49152 for bricks
by setting net.ipv4.ip_local_reserved_ports using sysctl(8). This is specific to Linux.
I'm not aware of how this could be done in NetBSD for instance though.