[Gluster-devel] SSL regressions

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 19:43:08 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 10:49 AM, Jeff Darcy wrote:
>> I get frequent failures in SSL test on NetBSD, like here:
>> http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-netbsd7-regression-triggered/823/console
>>
>> I saw there was some SSL change, Does it ring a bell for someone?
>
>  From the log:
>
>> GERRIT_REFSPEC=refs/changes/42/3842/17
>> HEAD is now at 14d69de epoll: edge triggered and multi-threaded epoll
>
> Those changes have conflicted with SSL in the past, and are very likely
> to do so again.  Perhaps something in the client or brick logs would
> shed more light on exactly how they're interacting this time.

This was reproducible consistently and with some help from manu got into
a NetBSD slave, and have posted a fix for the same.

Short note:
The SSL_pending test for SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ on connect/accept was
causing the issue on NetBSD, and not on Linux, for whatever reason.

Corrected that check and submitted the patch, lets see how this one
fares. Ran it 20 times on NetBSD and on Linux with poll and poll/epoll
respectively, and as the issue was reproducible consistently, I assume
this patch should get things right on NetBSD.

Shyam