[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS SSL behaviour change breaks openstack Manila GlusterFS Native driver

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 13:57:15 UTC 2015

> Cert, Keys and CN management is out of band of Manila. The manila community
> didn't wanted to get into the lifecycle management as its not in the scope of
> Manila
> project of openstack. Thus cert and trust setup is deployer's responsibility
> and needs to be done out of band of Manila.

So this code isn't part of Manila?

https://github.com/openstack/manila/tree/master/manila/share/drivers

As far as I can tell, that code *is* managing tenants, volumes, certs,
and so on - including actions on them and interactions between them.  It
has its own config variables, and even a database.  As far as I can
tell, it only has to handle adding access to a single CN at a time
(adding a second will overwrite the ssl-allow value from adding the
first).  Thus there are only two values for ssl-allow.

        allow_access: internal CN + tenant CN (in access['access_to'])

        deny_access: internal CN

Why can't the internal CN be a configuration value, like the volume list
or private-key location we already have?  Is there some strange quirk of
how Manila (or OpenStack more generally) works that makes any of this
seem like rocket science?