[Gluster-devel] Gluster 3.6.2 On Xeon Phi

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 12:11:48 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 06:13 PM, Rudra Siva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have been able to get Gluster running on Intel's MIC platform. The
> only code change to Gluster source was an unresolved yylex (I am not
> really sure why that was coming up - may be someone more familiar with
> it's use in Gluster can answer).
>
> At the step for compiling the binaries (glusterd, glusterfsd,
> glusterfs, glfsheal)  build breaks with an unresolved yylex error.
>
> For now have a routine yylex that simply calls graphyylex - I don't
> know if this is even correct however mount functions.
>
> GCC - 4.7 (it's an oddity, latest GCC is missing the Phi patches)
>
> flex --version
> flex 2.5.39
>
> bison --version
> bison (GNU Bison) 3.0
>
> I'm still working on testing the RDMA and Infiniband support and can
> make notes, numbers available when that is complete.
There are couple of rdma performance related patches under review. If
you could make use of those patches, I hope that will give a performance
enhancement.

[1] : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9329/
[2] : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9321/
[3] : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9327/
[4] : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9506/

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Regards!
Rafi KC