[Gluster-devel] Current state of multi-thread epoll (and review request)

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 15:14:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

Here is the current state of multi-thread epoll patch,

1) Patches:
epoll patch: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/3842/
epoll configuration patch: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9488/

2) Failures:
- epoll patch
   - In 2 runs the following 2 test cases failed in separate instances,
     - ./tests/bugs/quota/bug-1038598.t
       - Under investigation
     - ./tests/bugs/glusterd/bug-1104642.t
       - This is possibly a TC issue, as we check peer count and then
immediately check for the configuration update. A peer count does not
guarantee that the peer has also updated configuration. I will be
sending a patch (today) to address this test case.

- epoll configuration
  - Overall this patch passed, could be a one off as it depends on the
above patch, or could be due to the fact that this makes glusterd and
the CLI single threaded, and hence we do not hit the above failures.

- NetBSD
   - NetBSD fails badly with the above patch
     - Under investigation

3) Requests
- Request that people review the above patches, so that we can get
concerns addressed quicker

- The new patch on the configuration of epoll threads, needs some
attention in terms of correctness of layers where this is allowed to be
configured (among others) etc. Request reviewers to take a look at this.

Thanks,
Shyam