[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] lockd: server not responding, timed out

Peter Auyeung pauyeung at connexity.com
Fri Jan 23 23:50:26 UTC 2015

We have a 6 nodes gluster running ubuntu on xfs sharing gluster volumes over NFS been running fine for 3 months.
We restarted glusterfs-server on one of the node and all NFS clients start getting the " lockd: server  not responding, timed out" on /var/log/messages

We are still able to read write but seems like process that require a persistent file lock failed like database exports.

We have an interim fix to remount the NFS with nolock option but need to know why that is necessary all in a sudden after a service glusterfs-server restart on one of the gluster node

Thanks
Peter