[Gluster-devel] OperatingVersion in 3.6.1

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 05:40:48 UTC 2015

Vijay is correct. We only increment the operating version when we add new
features that wouldn't be available in a previous version. Ideally in a Z
release (when following a X.Y.Z versioning scheme) we wouldn't be releasing
any new features, so the operation version wouldn't change between two Z
releases. We had a some cases where a feature from a higher Y release was
backported to a Z release (from 3.6 to some 3.5.z IIRC, but I don't
remember what feature exactly), which required us to have spaces in the
operating-versions for Z releases. Hope this makes sense.

~kaushal