[Gluster-devel] Global option for nfs-ganesha

Meghana Madhusudhan mmadhusu at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 13:51:06 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We're trying to implement a global option for NFS-Ganesha that'll look like this,

gluster vol set all features.ganesha on

This is intended to disable gluster-nfs throughout the gluster trusted pool, start NFS-Ganesha server and configure HA for NFS-Ganesha.
A dummy translator has been introduced to manage this global option and one more volume level option.
When this translator is loaded, there has to be a client volfile
change on ALL the volumes present in the trusted pool. When *<all>* is used instead of a volume name,
the volume set infrastructure in glusterd doesn't result in any volfile changes.

As per discussions with the glusterd team, we'd need a cluster-wide lock to achieve what we require.
What is the best way to go about this? Please provide your suggestions on the same.

Thanks in advance,
Meghana