[Gluster-devel] Feature Freeze for 3.7

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 11:04:24 UTC 2015

On 02/23/2015 05:52 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It is going to be a busy week for us considering the upcoming 3.7
> feature freeze over the weekend. To facilitate timely reviews, I have
> setup an etherpad [1] that will contain the list of patches related to
> features which you would like to be reviewed before then. Can owners of
> respective features update the etherpad so that reviewers know the
> patches that need to be picked up on a priority basis? After doing this,
> please be available in #gluster-dev on freenode so that any realtime
> queries regarding your patch can be answered.

> Also it would be great if more of us can review any/all patches
> mentioned in the etherpad this week. Even if you are not familiar with
> the entire patchset, providing an update on subset of files that you
> have been able to review would vastly help in reducing the review burden
> on core reviewers. If you have not been active on gerrit for code
> reviews but intend being so, there is no better time than this week to
> get started!

Thanks to all who helped with reviews this week. I propose that we push
out the feature freeze date by slightly more than a week. Some rationale
for that:

1. Accommodate more reviews - several patchsets are still being refreshed.

2. Every major feature merged requires a refresh from other features as
there are common areas of code in glusterd etc. being modified.

3. Some feature owners do seem to require a bit more time to make the
feature more complete.

4. Regression infrastructure was flaky last week but thanks to Justin we
seem to be doing good now.

I propose Monday, March 9th as the new date for feature freeze. If there
are no objections, I will update the 3.7 planning page [2] and  I don't
expect other milestones for 3.7 to be affected because of this variation
in schedule.

I have also added a reviewer tag for all features listed in the review
etherpad at [1]. If you are reviewing a feature or interested in
contributing to reviews, please add yourself as a reviewer for the
feature in the etherpad so that we can collaborate better.

Thanks,
Vijay

  [1] https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/review-for-glusterfs-3.7

  [2] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning37