[Gluster-devel] How to convert Thick Gluster Volume to Thin Gluster Volumes for snapshots

Aadesh Rao aadeshkrishnarao27 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 07:52:13 UTC 2015

Hi All,

As I am new to working on the glusterfs, I would like to know if there is a
way in which I could convert the Thick gluster volumes to thin gluster
volumes. I have learned from going through the blogs that gluster snapshot
could be taken only from thin volumes and not from the already created and
mounted thick voulumes.

a) Is there a possible way to convert the thick vol to thin vol?
b) If No, please suggest other means on how I could be successful in taking
the snapshot of the volume. Please advice.

I have 2TB volume already mounted and running in my instance.(Instance
running in AWS as cloud Server)

Any help on this would be deeply appreciated and save me from embarrassment
that I could b possibly facing from my client.

Thanks,
Aadesh .K