[Gluster-devel] How can we prevent GlusterFS packaging installation/update issues in future?

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 12:15:49 UTC 2015

On 02/19/2015 06:22 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> On 02/19/2015 04:25 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 03:45:41PM +0530, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
>>> On 02/19/2015 02:30 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>>> <snip>
>> My idea was to reduce the number of emails that packagers receive. Not
>> all packagers are active as a Gluster developer, and the -devel list has
>> quite some traffic. I am afraid that important changes would get lost in
>> the noise.

I don't know the situation with our Debian, *BSD, and MacOS packagers.
If they're anything like the typical Fedora/EPEL packager they have
several or even dozens, perhaps hundreds of packages that they maintain.
Asking them to slog through gluster-devel to find packaging
notifications is probably asking a bit much; even with good labelling
and mail filters.

I agree that a gluster-packaging ML is the right solution.

--

Kaleb