[Gluster-devel] Looking for volunteer to write up official "How to do GlusterFS in the Cloud: The Right Way" for Rackspace...

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Feb 18 14:11:40 UTC 2015

On 18 Feb 2015, at 13:50, Jesse Noller <jesse.noller at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Sorry, this is what I get for logging off for the night: short answer is YES. At the end of the day I want to showcase gluster' awesomeness and also be able to show users how to do it right in the cloud for shared, fault tolerant file systems

Looks like we have four volunteers:

* Ben Turner (primary GlusterFS perf tuning guy)
* Jeff Darcy (greybeard GlusterFS developer and scalability expert)
* Josh Boon (experienced GlusterFS guy - Ubuntu focused)
* Nico Schottelius (newer GlusterFS guy - familiar with Ubuntu/CentOS)

This sounds like a fairly good mix, so lets go with that.

Ben and Jeff, does it make sense for you two to do the leading, with
Josh and Nico involved and learning/assisting/idea-generation/stuff as
needed?

In our initial discussion, Jesse mentioned the required output is
Markdown + diagrams, and he'll get the Rackspace design people to
make things *look awesome*.  Guessing they'll redo the diagrams for
prettiness then, so any we output just need to be functional to
convey info?

Jesse, we're pretty maxxed out in our VM's atm (over the sponsorship
monthly budget).  Are you able to setup something just for this
effort, or is there a better way, or ? :)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org