[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Looking for volunteer to write up official "How to do GlusterFS in the Cloud: The Right Way" for Rackspace...

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 13:33:00 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Justin Clift" <justin at gluster.org>

I have some benchmark kits that can easily be enhanced to work with ubuntu, it should just be a matter of checking /etc/redaht-release and the ubuntu equivalent and running apt instead of yum.  I was thinking I could do the testing on the RPM based systems and the other contributor could run on deb?  We can share scripts / tuning / recommendations and at the end of this could have nice setup / benchmark kits that work on a variety of OSs + the DOC we are looking for.  The tool uses IOZone, smallfile, and fio, runs the tool N # of times to get sample set, and does some statistical analysis on the samples(avg, std dev, delta between samples) before moving on to the next test.

> Should we look into arranging some OnMetal stuff, in addition to the
> VM offerings?

I have all the BM numbers we can handle, happy to provide them.  1G, 10G, RDMA, spinning and SSDs.  I will be rerunning everything with the mt epoll + RDMA changes also.

> Jesse, Ben is our *very best* GlusterFS and RHS performance tuning
> expert, so capturing his interest is a *very* good thing. ;)

A little overstated but the sentiment is appreciated :)