[Gluster-devel] Data Classification: would it be possible to have a RAM-disk as caching tier?

Dan Lambright dlambrig at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 14:49:13 UTC 2015

The tiering code ought to work if the underlying volume is a RAM disk.  Its like any other Gluster brick.  But as mentioned, this would be unsafe for their data. If the power went out, anything in the RAM disk would be lost. I think a pure "read cache" may be a better option for RAM disks. This is the route companies like NimbleStorage and Infinio went. Read caches are something the feature may support in the future.

Dan