[Gluster-devel] Minutes of todays Gluster Community meeting

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 13:36:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:43:49AM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In a little more than one hour from now we will have the regular weekly
> Gluster Community meeting.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
> - date: every Wednesday
> - time: 7:00 EST, 12:00 UTC, 13:00 CET, 17:30 IST
>        (in your terminal,  run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda:https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
>
> Currently the following items are listed:
> * Roll Call
> * Status of last weeks action items
> * GlusterFS 3.6
> * GlusterFS 3.5
> * GlusterFS 3.4
> * GlusterFS Next
> * Open Floor
>
> The last topic has space for additions. If you have a suitable topic to
> discuss, please add it to the agenda.

We ran a little long today, but we had great participation and several
interesing discussions.

You can find the meeting minutes in the links below, but the text format
is also included for your convenience.

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-11/gluster-meeting.2015-02-11-12.01.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-11/gluster-meeting.2015-02-11-12.01.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-11/gluster-meeting.2015-02-11-12.01.log.html

Meeting summary
    the RHEL/Community packaging issues and solutions  (ndevos,
    12:06:27)
  * ACTION: hchiramm will share the outcome of the non-mailinglist
    packagng discussions on the mailinglist  (ndevos, 12:08:52)
  * Subtopic: hagarth to open a feature page for (k)vm hyperconvergence
    (ndevos, 12:09:16)
  * ACTION: hchiramm should keep the Gluster Community Board in the loop
    on the outcome of the packaging discussions  (ndevos, 12:13:14)
  * Subtopic: keep the Gluster Community Board more informed and
    involved  (ndevos, 12:14:38)
  * ACTION: *all*moderators* should post meeting minutes to the Gluster
    Community Board <board at gluster.org>  (ndevos, 12:17:17)
    12:17:26)
  * Subtopic: spot to investigate repetitive posts on social networking
    sites  (ndevos, 12:17:54)
  * AGREED: drop the topic from the list, if the issue happens again,
    file a bug against the project-infrastructure component in Bugzilla
    (ndevos, 12:20:36)
  * Subtopic: spot to reach out to community about website messaging
    (ndevos, 12:21:59)
  * Subtopic: hagarth to carry forward discussion on automated builds
    for various platforms in gluster-infra ML  (ndevos, 12:23:17)

* Gluster 3.6  (ndevos, 12:26:04)
  * ACTION: raghu` will send a notification about 3.6.3beta1 to the
    mailinglists  (ndevos, 12:33:12)

* Gluster 3.5  (ndevos, 12:35:15)
  * ACTION: ndevos to prepare for the next 3.5 beta/update somewhere
    next week  (ndevos, 12:36:54)

* Gluster 3.4  (ndevos, 12:37:38)

* Gluster Next  (ndevos, 12:40:16)
  * Subtopic: Gluster 3.7  (ndevos, 12:40:26)
  * Subtopic: Gluster 4.0  (ndevos, 12:49:27)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-06/glusterfs_4.0.2015-02-06-12.05.html
    (jdarcy, 12:51:14)

* Open Floor  (ndevos, 12:53:40)
  * Subtopic: Maintainer responsibilities  (ndevos, 12:53:57)
  * ACTION: ndevos should send out a reminder about Maintainer
    responsibilities to the -devel list  (ndevos, 12:55:59)
  * Subtopic: Upcoming talks at conference  (ndevos, 12:56:24)
  * Subtopic: GSOC 2015  (ndevos, 12:57:09)
  * ACTION: JustinClift should follow up on the GSOC email  (ndevos,
    13:00:07)
  * Subtopic: Qemu / Clusterfs integration  (ndevos, 13:01:10)
  * ACTION: telmich will send an email to the gluster-users list about
    Gluster support in QEMU on Debian/Ubuntu  (ndevos, 13:06:44)
  * ACTION: jimjag to engage the board, asking for their direction and
    input for both 3.7, and 4.0 releases  (JustinClift, 13:10:00)

Meeting ended at 13:14:27 UTC.

Action Items
* ndevos to prepare for the next 3.5 beta/update somewhere next week
* ndevos should send out a reminder about Maintainer responsibilities to
  the -devel list
* JustinClift should follow up on the GSOC email
* telmich will send an email to the gluster-users list about Gluster
  support in QEMU on Debian/Ubuntu
* jimjag to engage the board, asking for their direction and input for
  both 3.7, and 4.0 releases

Action Items, by person
  * hchiramm should keep the Gluster Community Board in the loop on the
    outcome of the packaging discussions
* jimjag
  * jimjag to engage the board, asking for their direction and input for
    both 3.7, and 4.0 releases
* JustinClift
  * JustinClift should follow up on the GSOC email
* ndevos
  * ndevos to prepare for the next 3.5 beta/update somewhere next week
  * ndevos should send out a reminder about Maintainer responsibilities
    to the -devel list
* raghu`
  * raghu` will send a notification about 3.6.3beta1 to the mailinglists
* telmich
  * telmich will send an email to the gluster-users list about Gluster
    support in QEMU on Debian/Ubuntu
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * *all*moderators* should post meeting minutes to the Gluster
    Community Board <board at gluster.org>

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* ndevos (123)