[Gluster-devel] Minutes of todays Gluster Community meeting

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 13:08:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 11:58:41AM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In about 60 minutes from now we will have the regular weekly Gluster
> Community meeting.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
> - date: every Wednesday
> - time: 7:00 EST, 12:00 UTC, 13:00 CET, 17:30 IST
>        (in your terminal, run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
>
> Currently the following items are listed:
> * Roll Call
> * Status of last weeks action items
> * GlusterFS 3.6
> * GlusterFS 3.5
> * GlusterFS 3.4
> * GlusterFS Next
> * Open Floor
>
> The last topic has space for additions. If you have a suitable topic to
> discuss, please add it to the agenda.
>
> Thanks,
> Niels

Meeting ended Wed Feb  4 13:02:32 2015 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-04/gluster-meeting.2015-02-04-12.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-04/gluster-meeting.2015-02-04-12.00.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-04/gluster-meeting.2015-02-04-12.00.log.html

========================
#gluster-meeting Meeting
========================

Meeting started by ndevos at 12:00:44 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-02-04/gluster-meeting.2015-02-04-12.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (ndevos, 12:01:07)

* Items from last week  (ndevos, 12:03:09)

* hchiramm will try to fix the duplicate syndication of posts from
  ndevos  (ndevos, 12:03:14)
  * ACTION: ndevos should publish an article on his blog  (ndevos,
    12:04:24)

* ndevos, lalatenduM, kkeithley and Humble to propose a long term
  solution to the packaging problem in CentOS/RHEL  (ndevos, 12:04:50)
  * ACTION: hchiramm will start a discussion on the mailinglist about
    the RHEL/Community packaging issues and solutions  (ndevos,
    12:08:07)

* hagarth to open a feature page for (k)vm hyperconvergence  (ndevos,
  12:08:21)
  * IDEA: include a link to Fredericos slides from
    https://fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/hyperconvergence/ in the
    feature page  (ndevos, 12:10:28)

* spot to investigate repetitive posts on social networking sites
  (ndevos, 12:11:04)

* spot will send out an email with upcoming Gluster events and meetups
  (ndevos, 12:12:50)
  * LINK:
    http://blog.gluster.org/2015/01/glusterfs-events-over-the-next-10-days/
    (ndevos, 12:13:44)

* spot to reach out to community about website messaging  (ndevos,
  12:15:05)

* hagarth to carry forward discussion on automated builds for various
  platforms in gluster-infra ML  (ndevos, 12:18:29)

* Gluster 3.6  (ndevos, 12:19:43)
  * LINK:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.6.3&maxdepth=1&hide_resolved=1
    seems to be the list of bugs that would be addressed in 3.6.3,
    right?  (ndevos, 12:24:12)
  * LINK: http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/58805874.jpg   (jdarcy,
    12:25:08)
  * ACTION: raghu will close older 3.6 bugs  (ndevos, 12:29:16)
  * ACTION: raghu creates 3.6.3beta1 later this week  (ndevos, 12:29:48)

* Gluster 3.5  (ndevos, 12:30:02)
  * LINK:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.5.4&maxdepth=1&hide_resolved=1
    has a list of bugs that should get fixed with the release  (ndevos,
    12:30:33)

* Gluster 3.4  (ndevos, 12:32:58)

* Gluster.next - 3.7  (ndevos, 12:36:09)
  * LINK:
    http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning37
    (ndevos, 12:38:08)

* Gluster.next - 4.0  (ndevos, 12:39:05)
  * LINK:
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2015-February/020464.html
    (ndevos, 12:40:10)

* Other agenda items  (ndevos, 12:41:51)

* Upcoming talks at conferences  (ndevos, 12:42:15)

* GSOC 2015  (ndevos, 12:43:58)

* Small file performance  (ndevos, 12:53:58)

* liburcu installation on jenkins slaves  (ndevos, 12:55:12)

Meeting ended at 13:02:32 UTC.

Action Items
  RHEL/Community packaging issues and solutions
* raghu will close older 3.6 bugs
* raghu creates 3.6.3beta1 later this week

Action Items, by person
    RHEL/Community packaging issues and solutions
* ndevos
  * ndevos should publish an article on his blog
* raghu
  * raghu will close older 3.6 bugs
  * raghu creates 3.6.3beta1 later this week
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------