[Gluster-devel] missing files

David F. Robinson david.robinson at corvidtec.com
Tue Feb 3 22:37:54 UTC 2015

I rsync'd 20-TB over to my gluster system and noticed that I had some
directories missing even though the rsync completed normally.
The rsync logs showed that the missing files were transferred.

I went to the bricks and did an 'ls -al /data/brick*/homegfs/dir/*' the
files were on the bricks.  After I did this 'ls', the files then showed
up on the FUSE mounts.

1) Why are the files hidden on the fuse mount?
2) Why does the ls make them show up on the FUSE mount?
3) How can I prevent this from happening again?

Note, I also mounted the gluster volume using NFS and saw the same
behavior.  The files/directories were not shown until I did the "ls" on
the bricks.

David

David F. Robinson, Ph.D.
President - Corvid Technologies