[Gluster-devel] Interesting profile data on tests
rtalur at redhat.com
Wed Dec 30 15:36:35 UTC 2015
This is not comprehensive data but some interesting bits
Average time taken for various commands in our .t files.
* glusterd - 2 second
* gluster vol start/stop - 3 second
* gluster vol set/info(any basic gluster cli command) -1 second
* gluster mount - 2 second
* gluster add brick - 2 second
* gluster remove brick - 5 second
* gluster rebalance start 5 second
* gluster tier attach/detach - 6 second
The only other single command which takes 1+ second is sleep. Most of the
external commands we use in bash scripts are not that time taking.
1. Don't stop/delete a gluster volume in .t file unless it is part of your
test. Let the cleanup function handle that.
2. Don't call gluster vol info at the start of the test if not required
3. Merge as many tests as possible to reduce glusterd starts/vol starts and
4. Use sleep only if it is absolutely required.
You can use this bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1294826 to
send patches to improve test times.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel