[Gluster-devel] few queries regarding file snapshot feature in gluster

Prasanna Kumar Kalever pkalever at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 11:47:26 UTC 2015

Hi Team,

I have few queries regarding file snapshot feature in gluster

what are the limitations of Block device translator and qemu-block translator ?
Are we using them some where ?
Do we have plans to improve them ?
Or someone have a design to implement file snapshot feature ?

Are we just waiting till btrfs or zfs are fully stable ?

I am really thankful if some one gives more details about qemu-block xlator,
I don't see enough documentation regarding this :(

Thanks,
-Prasanna ​