[Gluster-devel] gdploy + Heketi

Luis Pabon lpabon at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 06:31:57 UTC 2015

Hi Sachidananda,
  I think there is a great opportunity to enhance GlusterFS management by using gdeploy as a service which uses Heketi for volume management.  Currently, gdeploy sets up nodes, file systems, bricks, and volumes.  It does all this with input from the administrator, but it does not support automated brick allocation management, failure domains, or multiple clusters.  On the other hand, it does have support for mounting volumes in clients, and setting up multiple options on a specified volume.

  I would like to add support for Heketi in the gdeploy workflow.  This would enable administrators to manage clusters, nodes, disks, and volumes with gdeploy based on Heketi.

What do you guys think?

- Luis