[Gluster-devel] Netbsd failures on ./tests/basic/afr/arbiter-statfs.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Dec 10 10:53:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 03:49:10PM +0530, Ravishankar N wrote:
> Basically  there seems to be an issue with setting up loop back
> devices on NetBSD. Emmanuel, would you know what the problem is?

> +++ vnconfig -l
> vnconfig: VNDIOCGET: Bad file descriptor

Something is rotten on this VM: vnconfig uses a VNDIOCGET ioctl on
/dev/rvnd0d to obtain loopback device lists.

If /dev/vnd0d is a character device with major 41, minor 3, then I
would try to reboot. Otherwise first try to fix that by running MAKEDEV
in /dev. You should have this:
$ ls -l /dev/rvnd0d
crw-r-----  1 root  operator  41, 3 Feb 27  2014 /dev/rvnd0d

If this is not the device being wrong and the problem resists a reboot,
or is reproductible, I am interested to look at it.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org