[Gluster-devel] everything builds and installs on FreeBSD via ports tarball

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Dec 10 00:40:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just to let you know, others are working on a "port" for FreeBSD and
everything builds/installs when you use it. (It uses gcc and some other
things I didn't use. I suspect my "make install" problem had to do with
using BSD make, but I don't know.)

Anyhow, it build/installs and work once you:
cp /usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol.sample /usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol

Hopefully the "port" will be fixed for this and set up soon, which will
make it much easier for others to test on FreeBSD.

Just fyi, rick