[Gluster-devel] GlusterD 2.0 status updates for November, 2015

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 07:01:20 UTC 2015

Here is what we accomplished over the last month:

1. ReST APIs for basic peer and volume management commands are been
defined and put under review [1]. Comments resolution is in progress.
We'd appreciate if it gets more eyes such that we can improve on the API
side.

2. The first cut of Design document is also available [2] and up for
review. Please use the github issue [3] for your comments. Along with
that we also published the write up on the initial thought about the
transaction framework which is the driver of a command life cycle in
GlusterD and the same can be found at [4]

3. The current code supports a basic volume creation on a single node
now. ReST APIs for peer management commands are also defined in the code
and subject to change based on review comments. Code is hosted at [5]

4. Few refactoring has been done on the volume create code path such
that it can be consumed by the transaction framework. Please refer to
issue #40 & #43 for more details.

5. API versioning support is been introduced in the code, refer issue #38.

Plan for this month:

1. Focus is on prototyping the transaction framework

Thanks,
Atin

[1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/wiki/ReST-API
[2] https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/wiki/Design