[Gluster-devel] Difference in bad_tests count in mainline vs 3.7 branch

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 06:13:53 UTC 2015

On Monday 31 August 2015 09:32 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> I see release 3.7 branch has only couple of tests added to bad_tests
> where as master has quite few of them. Wouldn't we suppose to match in
> terms of numbers as I see 3.7 regression is not as stable as mainline
> is. I would urge individual test owners to also backport these to 3.7.

I think we have spent enough time trying to fix this and let us try this
approach going further. As discussed previously, from now on let us
block commits on all branches for those components that cause a spurious
regression failure in any of our maintained branches (mainline,
release-3.{5,6,7}).

Maintainers - can you please take stock of this and ensure sanity of
your components before merging patches that do not fix a failing test?

Thanks,
Vijay