[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Backup bricks?

Avra Sengupta asengupt at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 13:02:40 UTC 2015

Yes for long term backups LVM snapshots might not be the solution. There
is no side effect in backing up the bricks. The data would indeed be
readable. And if you back up "/var/lib/glusterd/vols/<volname>" on each
volume as well, you can effectively recreate the volume from the bricks
at a later stage.

Regards,
Avra