[Gluster-devel] Initial version of coreutils released

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 06:45:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:19:54PM +0000, Craig Cabrey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just pushed an initial version of the coreutils project that I have
> been working on during the course of this summer. There is still a lot
> to do, but I'm pretty excited about its start. Please check it out and
> if you want to help out, check out the TODO ;).

[https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-coreutils]

Very cool, Craig!

From browsing the repository a little, I can see that you have these
binaries:

- gfcat
- gfcli
- gfcp
- gfls
- gfmkdir
- gfput
- gfrm
- gfstat
- gftail

I would love to see this packaged into Fedora properly, and some changes
would be needed for that. When I have a little time, I'll check what
needs to be done on the building/dependency part and send you some pull
requests. Once everything is clean enough for Fedora, someone can submit
a package-review which should get approved easily.

There are some things that stand out immediately to me, and should be
fixed, added as TODO, or reported as an issue in GitHub:

- unbundling of gnulib: use the version of gnulib that is in the distro
- all source files should have a licence boilerplate

Thanks,
Niels