[Gluster-devel] Minutes of today's Gluster Community meeting

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 13:02:35 UTC 2015

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-08-12/gluster-meeting.2015-08-12-11.59.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-08-12/gluster-meeting.2015-08-12-11.59.txt
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-08-12/gluster-meeting.2015-08-12-11.59.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* agenda is available @
  https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings  (atinm,
  12:00:38)
* action items from last week  (atinm, 12:04:47)
  * LINK:
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2015-August/001338.html
    (tigert, 12:05:27)
  * tigert has asked for feedback about integrating gluster calendar @
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2015-August/001338.html
    (atinm, 12:05:56)
  * ACTION: tigert to send a reminder mail to ask for feedback for
    gluster calendar integration  (atinm, 12:08:06)
  * LINK:

https://github.com/gluster/glusterweb/blob/master/source/community/release-schedule.md
    (hchiramm, 12:09:01)
  * release schedule details @

https://github.com/gluster/glusterweb/blob/master/source/community/release-schedule.md
    (atinm, 12:09:51)
  * ACTION: raghu to fill in the contents for release schedule and ask
    tigert to push the page in gluster.org  (atinm, 12:11:24)
  * ACTION: rtalur to setup a new project gerrit specs in
    review.gluster.org  (atinm, 12:12:40)
  * LINK: http://review.gluster.org/#/admin/projects/glusterfs-specs I
    have setup the project  (hchiramm, 12:13:18)
  * ACTION: msvbhat to  do 3.7.3 announcement on the gluster blog and
    social media  (atinm, 12:16:29)
  * ACTION: pranithk to write up a post announcing EC's production
    readiness  (atinm, 12:17:49)
  * ACTION: msvbhat/rtalur to send update mailing list with a DiSTAF
    how-to and start discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.  (atinm,
    12:19:13)
  * ACTION: kshlm  to test the new jenkins slave in ci.gluster.org
    (atinm, 12:21:01)
  * Shyam has announced about DHT2 @
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2015-August/046369.html
    (atinm, 12:22:00)

* GlusterFS 3.7  (atinm, 12:23:05)

* GlusterFS 3.6  (atinm, 12:25:20)
  * Gluster 3.6 is getting released in next week  (atinm, 12:26:51)
  * raghu seeks for more backports for next 3.6 release  (atinm,
    12:28:02)

* GlusterFS 3.5  (atinm, 12:28:32)

* Glusterfs 3.8  (atinm, 12:29:38)
  * ACTION: poornimag to backport one of the libgfapi related changes
    into 3.5  (atinm, 12:30:27)
  * More information about what we target in for 3.8 can be found @
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2015-July/022722.html
    (atinm, 12:31:23)

* GlusterFS 4.0  (atinm, 12:32:07)
  * Gluster 4.0 Tracker :
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=glusterfs-4.0
    (atinm, 12:32:49)
  * GlusterD 2.0 high level plan for next 2-3 months is out now @
    http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2015-August/046310.html
    (atinm, 12:33:50)

* Open Floor  (atinm, 12:37:10)
  * Weekly reminder to announce Gluster attendance of events:
    https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-events  (atinm, 12:37:57)
  * ACTION: Instead of maintaining a public pad, integrate the gluster
    event details in gluster.org, tigert / hchiramm to work on it
    (atinm, 12:40:37)
  * REMINDER to put (even minor) interesting topics on
    https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-weekly-news  (atinm, 12:40:52)
  * Per release documentation. Users are landing on 3.2 documentation
    from google itseems. How can we make this better  (atinm, 12:42:21)
  * Spurious failures - status  (atinm, 12:44:01)
  * ACTION: kkeithley to drop a follow up mail about spurious failure
    fixes  (atinm, 12:54:39)

Meeting ended at 12:55:06 UTC.

Action Items
  start discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.
* kshlm  to test the new jenkins slave in ci.gluster.org
* poornimag to backport one of the libgfapi related changes into 3.5
* Instead of maintaining a public pad, integrate the gluster event
  details in gluster.org, tigert / hchiramm to work on it
* kkeithley to drop a follow up mail about spurious failure fixes

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hchiramm
  * Instead of maintaining a public pad, integrate the gluster event
    details in gluster.org, tigert / hchiramm to work on it
* kkeithley
  * kkeithley to drop a follow up mail about spurious failure fixes
* msvbhat
  * msvbhat to  do 3.7.3 announcement on the gluster blog and social
    media
  * msvbhat/rtalur to send update mailing list with a DiSTAF how-to and
    start discussion on enhancements to DiSTAF.
* poornimag
  * poornimag to backport one of the libgfapi related changes into 3.5
* raghu
  * raghu to fill in the contents for release schedule and ask tigert to
    push the page in gluster.org
* tigert
  * tigert to send a reminder mail to ask for feedback for gluster
    calendar integration
  * raghu to fill in the contents for release schedule and ask tigert to
    push the page in gluster.org
  * Instead of maintaining a public pad, integrate the gluster event
    details in gluster.org, tigert / hchiramm to work on it
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * rtalur to setup a new project gerrit specs in review.gluster.org
  * pranithk to write up a post announcing EC's production readiness
  * kshlm  to test the new jenkins slave in ci.gluster.org

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* atinm (123)
* hchiramm (24)
* kkeithley (13)
* tigert (10)
* raghu (10)
* msvbhat (8)
* zodbot (2)
* poornimag (2)
* anoopcs (1)
* overclk (1)
* rafi (1)

On 08/12/2015 05:26 PM, Mohammed Rafi K C wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In about 5 minutes from now we will have the regular weekly Gluster
> Community meeting.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
> - date: every Wednesday
> - time: 12:00 UTC, 14:00 CEST, 17:30 IST
>        (in your terminal, run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
>
> Currently the following items are listed:
> * Roll Call
> * Status of last week's action items
> * Gluster 3.7
> * Gluster 3.6
> * Gluster 3.5
> * Gluster 4.0
> * Open Floor
>    - bring your own topic!
>
> The last topic has space for additions. If you have a suitable topic to
> discuss, please add it to the agenda.
>
> Thanks,
> Rafi KC

~Atin