[Gluster-devel] Small File Performance - Strange results

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 00:53:56 UTC 2015

On 08/04/2015 12:55 PM, Hafeez Bana wrote:
> All,
>
> We've been evaluating glusterfs 3.2.7 on ubuntu 14.04 LTS. All tests
> were run with event-thread matching cpu-cores and lookup-unhashed turned off

I think you are referring to lookup-optimize rather than
lookup-unhashed, please use lookup-optimize which is meant for the small
file performance improvement.

> We noted a couple of issues and some interesting results which might be
> of benefit to the developers
>
> Setup
> - bare metal machine with SSD running ZFS - 2 LXC container running
> glusterd and another running a samba instance which is serving a share
> backed by a fuse mounted volume.

There are too many things in the stack here to reliably measure
performance is what I would think.

I would first, run atop the FUSE mount and compare results with 3.6.x to
see if the options provided improve the performance or not.