[Gluster-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Fw: glusterfs ppc build

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 14:07:09 UTC 2015

Executive summary is:

  +  vdsm needs (wants) glusterfs-3.7.x packages for el-based
distributions, and for Fedora secondary architectures like ppc64.

  +  Furthermore they would also like to have packages for RHEL ppc64le.

Presumably because they would like to provide vdsm for all these
platforms, and they have a dependency on glusterfs.

Given the constraints we have:

  + EPEL policy about not having packages that are shipped by RHEL

  + Fedora Koji rules about not using third party repositories for
dependencies.

  + Gluster community decision about which versions of glusterfs ship in
particular versions of Fedora.

And so on.

Anyone have any outside-the-box ideas for how we might be more accomodating?