[Gluster-devel] This looks like an interesting Gerrit option we could turn on

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Apr 29 11:28:21 UTC 2015

On 29 Apr 2015, at 08:05, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

>> "Same code delta" is a bit slippery.  It can't be determined from the
>> patch itself, because at least line numbers and diff context will have
>> changed and would need to be ignored to say something's the same.  I
>> think forwarding scores is valuable enough that I'm in favor of turning
>> this option on, but we should maintain awareness that scores might get
>> forwarded in some cases where perhaps they shouldn't.
>
> Indeed, and I would be in favour of copying the scores after a rebase
> for Code-Review only. We should still have Jenkins run the regression
> tests so that in the (rare) event a patch gets incorrectly applied,
> either building fails, or the change in behaviour gets detected.

Yeah.  Reading that section of the Gerrit manual more, it seems to be an
option that gets turned on "per label".  So, we can turn it on for the
Code Review label, but leave it off for the Verified label.

That should make sure that even "trivial rebases" get retested by the
smoke and regression tests.

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org