[Gluster-devel] Regarding the Porting of messages from gf_log to gf_msg

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Sun Apr 26 15:28:31 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 08:36 PM, Anusha Rao wrote:
> I had a few doubts regarding the conversion from gf_log to gf_msg:
>
> 1) Is it necessary to convert all gf_log messages to gf_msg ?
IMO, it's not until and unless it has a real meaning to the admin. So
you may skip those log messages and choose not to port into the new
framework. Another point to be kept in mind is we don't have a strict
log level, somewhere you will find a real error log logged in INFO level
or vice versa. So you may have to take extra caution on that as well.

> 2) If (1) is yes, then should all the "INFO" and other messages have msg_id (If it is not related to the Admins) ?
>    Since msg_id argument in the gf_msg is one of the mandatory field ?
>

> Thank you,
> Anusha Rao

~Atin