[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Should we try alternating our Weekly Community meeting times?

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 12:51:26 UTC 2015

> I suggested it. Some other people in North America besides just myself
> expressed an interest in being involved, but could not make early (or
> very early) morning meetings. Since the globe has this cool spherical
> feature I thought it might be a good idea to try to get involvement from
> the dark side. :-)

If getting the US west coast in on things is the goal, maybe a smaller
shift would work.  For example, 15:00 UTC is:

    08:00 PDT (Seattle)
    11:00 EDT (Boston)
    16:00 BST (London)
    20:30 IST (Bangalore)

That's not exactly convenient for the folks in Bangalore, but it would
still be possible for the extra-committed to attend even in the weeks
when we use the alternate time.  By contrast, 00:00 UTC seems to be:

    17:00 in Seattle (OK)
    20:00 in Boston (blah)
    01:00 in London (no way)
    05:30 in Bangalore (also no way)

That would allow people in Japan or Australia to attend at the
alternate time, but so far none have expressed an interest.