[Gluster-devel] Hung regression jobs

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 00:18:15 UTC 2015

I just had to clean up a couple of these - 7327 and 7331.  Fortunately,
they both seem to have gone on their merry way instead of dying.  Both
were in the pre-mount stage of their setup, but did have mounts active
and gsyncd processes running (in one case multiple of them).  I suspect
that this is related to the fact that the new geo-rep tests call "exit"
directly instead of returning errors (see geo-rep-helpers.c:192) and
don't use bash's "trap ... EXIT" functionality to ensure proper cleanup.
Thus, whatever was mounted or running when they failed will remain
mounted or running to trip up the next test.

If one of your regression jobs seems to be hung, either log in to the
slave machine yourself or contact someone who can, so the offending
mounts/processes can be unmounted/killed.