[Gluster-devel] auto retry of failed test fails again !!

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 14:39:54 UTC 2015

> As we know, we have a patch from Manu which re-triggers a given failed
> test. The idea was to reduce the burden of re-triggering the regression,
> but I've been noticing it is failing in 2nd attempt as well and I've
> seen this happening multiple times for patch [1]. I am not sure whether
> I am damn unlucky or we have a real problem here.
>
> Any thoughts?

Many of the most common spurious failures seem timing-related.  Since
the timing on a particular node is unlikely to change between the first
failure and the retry, neither is the result.  Running the retries on
another node might work, but would be very complex to implement.  For
the time being, I think our best bet is for the tests identified in
this patch to be excluded/ignored on NetBSD as well:

http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10322/

That might significantly cut down on the false negatives.  When tests
still fail, we're stuck with re-triggering manually.