[Gluster-devel] How to fix GITHUB_USER error when signing in

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Tue Apr 21 20:29:39 UTC 2015

We're still tweaking settings with the new GitHub Authenticaion
for Gerrit (and looking for a way to enable anonymous read access).

If you get this error when trying to sign in, it means you need
to clear your browser cookies:

  The HTTP server did not provide the username in the GITHUB_USER
  header when it forwarded the request to Gerrit Code Review.

I suspect it's something to do with OAuth settings being cached
in the cookie, which become invalid any time they're changed
server side.

So... once we get the bits all figured out it shouldn't happen
again.  *fingers crossed*

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org