[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] Gerrit and Jenkins likely unavailable most of Sunday

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 19:00:23 UTC 2015

On 04/20/2015 09:46 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2015, at 08:11, Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 04/20/2015 08:35 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> <snip>
>>> The procedure for migration from an admin perspective is quite involved
>>> and account migrations are better done in batches. Instead of mailing
>>> any of us directly, can you please update the gerrit migration etherpad
>>> [1] once you have signed in using github? This might be a slightly more
>>> optimal way of doing this migration :). We will pick up details from the
>>> etherpad at a regular frequency.
>>>
>> There are three set of problems what we noticed in the migration process:
>>
>> 1. Forbidden access when you try to sign in with github
>> 2. Multiple accounts upon successful github signing
>> 3. Unable to view files in patchsets - 404 error
>>
>> We have the fix for 1 & 2, please do mention in the etherpad [1] if you
>> fall into any of these categories.
>>
>> Vijay is working on point 3 and will keep posted once he finds a solution.
>
> Gerrit is up and running now (thanks hagarth and ndevos).  Seems to be working
> decently too. :)

Thanks a ton, Justin! It would have been difficult for us to get here
without your efforts over the weekend!

> I have the process to merge new GitHub userid's into existing accounts fairly
> well optimised now too.  So, if you need your account created either add
> yourself to the etherpad or email me to get it done. :)
>
>    https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-gerrit-migration
>
> We're still working through Jenkins stuff at the moment... so not a lot in
> the way of smoke nor regression tests happening just yet.

Here is a quick update on Jenkins:

1. Regression tests are getting triggered for Linux.

2. NetBSD regression tests and smoke tests need to be investigated.
Initial investigation points to problems with the gerrit-trigger plugin
of Jenkins.

-Vijay