[Gluster-devel] Update on mgmt_v3-locks.t on NetBSD

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 02:39:46 UTC 2015

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 07:52:49PM +0530, Kaushal M wrote:
> > I still don't know why my NetBSD-7 attempts to run the test are
> > passing. May be the issue has been fixed by some other change.
>
> We have seen many occurence of invalid pointer that went were
> able to fly under the radar on Linux and crashed NetBSD. It juste
> takes a memory layout difference to obtain such a result. It can
> also happen among different versions of the same OS.

Bingo.  The core dumps I've been looking at suggest heap corruption,
which is almost *certain* to play out differently on different OSes.
In this case it looks like things are going the other way - NetBSD
is OK and it's Linux that dies - but the principle is the same.
Now all we need to find out is where the corruption *occurs*,
because all we're seeing right now is the victims.  :(