[Gluster-devel] Auto-retry failed tests

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Apr 16 04:28:30 UTC 2015

Hi

We all know regression spurious failures are a problem. In order to
minimize their impact, NetBSD regression restart the whole test suite in
case of error so that spurious failures do not cause an undeserved
verified=-1 vote to be cast.

This takes time, and as a consequence the netbsd7_regression backlog
gets huge in the afternoon.

I proposed this change to improve the situation: modify run-tests.sh to
retry only the failed tests. That behavior is off by default and can be
enabled using run-tests.sh -r
http://review.gluster.org/10128/

Having that one merged would not change anything to the way Linux
regression is run right now, and it would let me make the NetBSD
regression much faster (until the day spurious regressions are fixed).

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org