[Gluster-devel] release-3.7 branch created [Was 3.7.0 update]

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Apr 15 07:50:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:58:32PM +0530, Kaushal M wrote:
> I'm looking at this currently. But I'm having a slightly hard time
> getting Gluster running on Netbsd. I have a netbsd-6.1.5 installation,
> but cannot get extended attributes to work and volume creation keeps
> failing. This is preventing me from checking the issue.

You need to format using -O1 since NetBSD does not yet support extended
attribute on UFS2 layout, which is the default:

newfs -01 /dev/rwd0e
mount /dev/rwd0e /mnt
mkdir -p /mnt/.attribute/user /mnt/.attribute/system
ymount /mnt
mount -o extattr /dev/rwd0e /mnt

> Manu, if you help with this? In the meantime I'm setting up a netbsd-7
> vm to see if that'll work.

We have a lot of VM at rackspace, though I did not track who is working on
which one, and therefore I have trouble telling you where to go. Look in
build.gluster.org for a stopped one in netbsd7_regression, login as jeunkins
using the same password as on the Linux VM, then use su to become root.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org