[Gluster-devel] Regression failure: NFS segfault

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 11:40:36 UTC 2015

> Got this backtrace in gNFS in one of the regression run:

I saw something pretty similar yesterday.  In the one I
looked at, I saw this:

   _mnt3_auth_check_host_in_netgroup
   auth_params->expfile = XXX

   ...called...

   exp_file_get_dir
   file = YYY

The structure at YYY was invalid, and appeared to have been
freed/reused since exp_file_get_dir was called.  There was
another thread still in mnt3_auth_set_exports_auth, which
might have done this (via _exp_line_parse).  I was not able
to reproduce the crash, so I suspect there's something very
racy about how we handle exports/netgroups changes.