[Gluster-devel] metdata-volume for gluster

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 03:51:34 UTC 2015

+1 from Geo-rep.

In Geo-rep, Meta Volume is optional setting to increase the stability of
Geo-replication. If meta volume is configured, geo-rep saves lock files
for each subvolume to decide Active/Passive geo-rep worker. If not
configured it fallback to old method of deciding Active/Passive based on
node-uuid.

3 way replicated meta volume is good for consistency.

I think once Glusterd implements distributed store, we can migrate from
metavol to distributed store. :)

--
regards
Aravinda