[Gluster-devel] Coredump in master :/

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Apr 1 18:58:05 UTC 2015

On 1 Apr 2015, at 19:51, Shyam <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/01/2015 02:47 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:
>>> When doing an initial burn in test (regression run on master head
>>> of GlusterFS git), it coredumped on the new "slave23.cloud.gluster.org" VM.
>>> (yeah, I'm reusing VM names)
>>>
>>>   http://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/16/console
>>>
>>> Does anyone have time to check the coredump, and see if this is
>>> the bug we already know about?
>>
>> This is *not* the same as others I've seen.  There are no threads in the
>> usual connection-cleanup/list_del code.  Rather, it looks like some are
>> in generic malloc code, possibly indicating some sort of arena corruption.
>
> This looks like the other core I saw yesterday, which was not the usual connection cleanup stuff. Adding this info here, as this brings this core count upto 2.
>
> One here, and the other in core.16937 : http://ded.ninja/gluster/blk0/

Oh, I just noticed there's a bunch of compile warnings at the top of the
regression run:

libtool: install: warning: relinking `server.la'
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-snapshot-utils.c: In function ‘glusterd_snap_quorum_check_for_create’:
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-snapshot-utils.c:2615: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘does_gd_meet_server_quorum’ from incompatible pointer type
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-server-quorum.h:56: note: expected ‘struct list_head *’ but argument is of type ‘struct cds_list_head *’
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-snapshot-utils.c: In function ‘glusterd_snap_quorum_check’:
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-snapshot-utils.c:2788: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘does_gd_meet_server_quorum’ from incompatible pointer type
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-server-quorum.h:56: note: expected ‘struct list_head *’ but argument is of type ‘struct cds_list_head *’
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-snapshot-utils.c:2803: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘does_gd_meet_server_quorum’ from incompatible pointer type
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-server-quorum.h:56: note: expected ‘struct list_head *’ but argument is of type ‘struct cds_list_head *’
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-server-quorum.c: In function ‘glusterd_get_quorum_cluster_counts’:
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-server-quorum.c:230: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
/home/jenkins/root/workspace/regression-test-burn-in/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-server-quorum.c:236: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
libtool: install: warning: relinking `glusterd.la'
libtool: install: warning: relinking `posix-acl.la'

Related / smoking-gun?

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org