[Gluster-devel] NSR status?

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 13:53:06 UTC 2014

> I'm curious about the current status of the New Style Replication (NSR)
> feature.
>
> I try to evaluate a log-based recovery by using the latest NSR code.
> Please tell me if there are any known issues.

I'm currently trying to revive the NSR code, which was last worked on at
the end of April.  At that time the main I/O path was working for all
operations.  Reconciliation was working for everything but xattr
operations, and there were also some higher-level coordination issues
still to be worked out.  General updating and performance tuning will
also take some time, so I wouldn't necessarily expect anything suitable
for non-developer use before the end of this calendar year.