[Gluster-devel] Transparent encryption in GlusterFS: Implications on manageability

Edward Shishkin edward at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 18:03:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Unfortunately it is impossible to validate non-trusted volfiles
using existing glusterfs options. Semantic and format of values
passed by the --xlator-option don't allow to "deliver" trusted
values without compromises with security.

So I have added a new --secure-xlator-option,
Please, review:
review.gluster.org/8657

Thanks,
Edward.