[Gluster-devel] How to fix wrong telldir/seekdir usage

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sun Sep 14 17:11:11 UTC 2014

'Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

> I can do that.

That will teach me about that anonymous fd. Reading the code it seems
afr-self-heald.c code does opendir and use the fd for readdir syncop,
which suggest underlying xlator will use the same DIR *, but logging in
index.c I can see it calls opendir/closedir on each readdir.

> Do we know the answer to Avati's question about how
> readdir works for nfs handles?

Not yet. I asked in the relevant mailing list and I still await for a
reply. I suspect we hit a dark area within a grey area :-)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org